View Single Post

Old 09-04-2023, 12:25 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,478 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouchPotato View Post

Don't mistake that yellow lever as anything other than a lawyer switch, so as to allow disassembly without a mandatory trigger pull. If no tool is available, and the gun needs to be taken down, with proper saftey procedures, it's perfectly acceptable to use a trigger pull.

It's not perfectly acceptable to pull the trigger, otherwise S&W would have told you so in the manual. If you call S&W and tell them what you're doing, they will tell you, lawyer lever or not, that is the proper procedure and since you're not following it, you may have damaged your firearm and voided your warranty.

The whole reason we're even talking about it is because as part of a trouble shooting process, it's the only way to recreate what happened during normal fire, albeit dry fire. Instead of releasing the striker, first the trigger went crunch and then went pop. Sometimes a second trigger pull would release the striker. Then it stopped working completely. It felt as if there was an obstruction. Visual inspection yielded nothing, thus the flood of rem oil, which worked, and dislodged bits of loose metal.
And yet you continue to do it incorrectly just to recreate a result. I guess the ultimate question would be, does it do it when you follow the procedure in the manual? If not, then why do you keep doing it? As far as having a tool, unless you're shooting naked, there's always something available, pin on your belt buckle, pocketknife, keys, the tip of a stick. So far, the only reason to not do it right is because "you" don't want to.

I said my peace, so continue to do what you want, my gun works fine. I'm out.