View Single Post

Old 09-05-2023, 12:42 AM

Liked 10,920 Times in 3,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorD View Post
6 string looks to have posted part of a great old classic reloading book, Philip Sharpe’s guide to handloading ( my brother has a first printing from I think 1935 or so)
Nice thing about this old book, not only does it give data on cartridges and loads long obsolete, often with long out of production powders, it also very nicely gives a super wide variety of loads that still have utility ignored by mod manuals, such as very light loads with unusual projectiles ( 303 British light short range loads using 32 ACP bullets for example.)

Old books are your best most reliable resource but tread carefully- a lot of the powders mentioned in these books while under the same name have changed formulation over the decades
Which old powders have the same name, but changed formulation? That sounds like a dangerous and foolish thing for a powder company to do, and something that could be a serious liability. I would think that if there were a significant change (that would alter burning characteristics) that a completely new powder name would be in order.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: