View Single Post

Old 09-20-2023, 08:36 PM

Liked 18,651 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSA1 View Post
At a Farm Supply Store I visited today three display cases were packed full of handguns (alas only four revolvers) and the racks were full of long guns. They have a lot of ammunition in stock. Supply has clearly caught up with demand.

I see no reason for ammunition prices to continue to drop for the rest of the year
Unless supply eventually exceeds demand.

That is what I am holding out for. Shutting down the production and supply lines when supply=demand doesn't happen instantaneously. There is a bit of a lag between sales and production.

So I'm still waiting for that "sweet spot" when the production and stock-on-hand exceeds the immediate sales demand. That's the point when the production and sales channels start trying to move the product sitting on the shelves through discounts and rebates, etc.

I believe that convergence of market forces is just around the corner. But I could be wrong - it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

However, even if that opportune moment never materializes, I probably have enough reloading supplies to last me the rest of my life, so as I see it, I have nothing to lose by hedging my bets.