View Single Post

Old 09-21-2023, 10:26 AM

Liked 26,163 Times in 8,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
The time to build a stash has long passed.........keep it cool and dry
Yes and No! For the guys that stocked up when the market was low - kuddos to them. That said, many did not as they believed the marked would soon crash again. Apparently that isn't happening,

I am in the camp that believes the prices are pretty much as low as they are gonna go (within a buck or two) and in the long run will drastically increase. Even if the ammo itself does not skyrocket, there will be ammo taxes, NICS checks in certain liberal States, and record keeping. Limits as to how many boxes you can buy and shortages because of all of this. All of which just lends a hand to jack up the price.

I see ammo as sort of a commodity now - I doubt anyone would loose money on it. I sincerely hope I am wrong here, but from where I stand I don't think so - at least until the next Presidential election.

Hey - I recently decided to stock up on certain commodities like coffee. We are big lovers of 8 o'clock Columbian Dark Roast and it keeps going up every time we buy it. When I see it on sale I buy 6-10 30 ounce bags. This way when it's not on sale we don't have to get screwed on buying it at high prices. Again, I doubt it will ever substantially or permanently come down. I could of course be wrong, my crystal ball hasn't been working in 3 years.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: