View Single Post

Old 09-27-2023, 09:28 AM

Liked 1,399 Times in 668 Posts

I reloaded for about 30 years but quit when it became a tedious chore instead of an enjoyable hobby. Like all hobbies some people like it and others do not. And your interest in it may come and go.

As the other posters said it is cheaper on a per round basis but most reloaders will shoot more so the total cost is about the same. Not counting equipment the 50% less expensive number seems about right for the calibers you mentioned if you are shooting jacketed bullets but you will save more than that if you are shooting cast bullets.

You will also find yourself going to the range more. For me reloading was a quest to find the best load for a specific gun and that required more trips to the range. This was part of what I enjoyed about reloading. In particular I enjoyed trying to squeeze every last possible bit of accuracy out of my rifles.

If you can borrow your brother's equipment or buy it cheap give reloading a try. If you don't shoot much and don't enjoy it just quit and go back to buying factory, that's what I did with no regrets.
The Following User Likes This Post: