View Single Post

Old 10-01-2023, 02:37 PM

Liked 10,104 Times in 2,084 Posts
Default The wait begins-Colorado

This state has changed so much in the almost 40 years I've lived here. Effective today, 10/1, we now have a 3 day waiting period on all purchases. It was bad enough when we had to use an ffl for ftf transactions now this.

I believe tomorrow, Monday, a legal challenge will be filed hopefully that will provide an injunction until a decision is made but it's still disheartening. I know 3 days isn't that big a deal and that many have it worse but there has been a deterioration of our freedoms as this state has become more left leaning every year. I've also heard from a couple of shops they're still waiting to find out how this will impact them providing the ftf transactions-possibly another rider to their insurance, separate storage areas just a couple. Sad, it used to be a great place. If I sell off any of my stuff that my sons aren't interested in I'll just put them on consignment at a store-those fees have risen greatly also, usually 15-25% of the selling price.

If my sons weren't here I'd leave but as I age (67 in 29 days lol) being close to them and my grandchildren become more important every day.
The Following 29 Users Like Post: