View Single Post

Old 10-29-2023, 11:50 AM

Liked 650 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtym View Post
When I first opened the bag and scraped out some rounds, they appeared sticky like coated in semi-dried pancake syrup. Then, it appeared they had a very fine sand like grit on them. Long story short, tried them in my 6 pistols and 2 rifles. Endless failures to extract and very frequent FTF. Clean ups of those guns was very messy. Neither of my pistols or rifles ever had these issues with ammo. Finally ended up trashing 200 rounds of it.
Now that the furor has died over my post on factory 2nds! I kept looking out the window at night expecting the torch and pitchfork crowd from the black and white Frankenstein movie to appear at my door!

Note that the OP (Original Poster) was posting on 22 LR packed in a plastic bag/boxed. Not centerfire. If I had bought something like that the first thing I would think is FACTORY 2NDS! Reread the quoted post above.

I did not say the factory would sell seconds that would stick a bullet in the bore, blow off the top strap, blow up your bolt action rifle.

This is ammunition that did not meet the manufacturer's specs but OBVIOUSLY meets SAMMI specifications. Who would think they would sell dangerous ammunition to the crowds?

And for those of you who do not know it-reclamation (as in pulling apart scrapped ammo) costs a lot more than selling 2nds at a reduced cost.

Only one member here who posted vehemently against me was a name I recognized from over the years and I was quite surprised. The rest I could care less.

Obviously not one poster bothered to check the availability of FACTORY 2NDS. Something that was suggested to me before posting such a terrible thing.

Do your own due diligence and search the internet with various phrases for factory seconds.

Before making such derogatory statements.

You will find reputable forums talking of them. One being RimfireCentral. The subject of course being rimfire ammunition.

I will give one hint-Sig Sauer lists Factory Blems for sale. Yes for those of you who do not know it Blems are also 2nds.

From their website I quote-
"there may be slight performance variations from the standard spec ammunition."

OK one more hint-try images after your search.

Ed
The Following 2 Users Like Post: