View Single Post

Old 10-30-2023, 09:49 AM

Liked 433 Times in 155 Posts

I have to agree with nedlate on his "blems or 2nds." statement. As a Sig armourer from the mid '80's I'm well aware of their notices of special sales of blem ammo.

As a very active shooter of .22 LR I've found plenty of ammo, mostly bulk packed, that when you shoot it just by the sound you know if it's going to string high or low. 6 or 8 inch vertical groups at 50 yds. are not unusual with this **** ammo from major brands. Why is that, if not seconds?

Since this seems to be a sounding board for defective ammo I'll add my own least favorite, Browning bulk. I've been using up what I have in a 3" J frame #317. I would guess that 2 of every 8 I load have to be pushed in with your thumb just to close the cylinder. The gun chamber's other ammo without a problem.

On the other hand I too am a fan of CCI-SV. This stuff will group just under MOA at 100 in most case's if you do your part. At 50 yds. .225 groups can be had. That's Tenex territory. Buying by the case it comes out to $3.45 a box. Yeah, I shoot a lot of CCI.
The Following User Likes This Post: