View Single Post

Old 11-20-2023, 12:18 PM

Liked 368 Times in 179 Posts
Default More info needed

This question goes under the category of diagnosis from target data, so we would need more information to really help you. But from long years of experience maybe the family here can steer you in a way that will save some time.

I understood that while you were shooting 22LR at 25 yards from a carbine, the Tactical brand and the Aguila brand rounds performed consistently, similarly, and met your expectations. The CCI Minimags did not, so people are just going to tell you that your gun does not "like" those rounds or maybe you got a box from a bad batch.

My experience with minimags has always been positive, but I don't know how consistent their quality control is. Hopefully, someone with this same weapon could go to the range with some minimags and report their results.

You said "grouping after adjusting the scope". There are two different things accuracy and precision. Precision is how tight the group is. Accuracy is how close that group is to the point of aim. It might help to know what you really mean. If you have three brands of ammo and they all shoot precise groups, but centered on different places on the target, then there is no problem. This is normal. Adjust your scope for accuracy of the round you prefer.

Last edited by Brian Parrish; 11-20-2023 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Added comment.
The Following User Likes This Post: