View Single Post

Old 11-28-2023, 12:55 PM

Liked 1,005 Times in 375 Posts

My experience is limited compared to many in this thread, however, I have found that these holster makers are worth the wait. While my first few Galco holsters were more than adequate, the fit and boning were less precise than my Lobo. This makes sense, as Galco and other bigger makers are looking to make holsters that fit a variety of similar handguns to maximize their potential market. In both cases, I found the Galco that was marketed for my 4" 686 were also listed as possible for several other revolvers of similar size. In both cases, I needed to use the plastic bag method just to get my 686 to fit properly, and even then it never felt like the Galco holsters were truly 686 holsters, but rather medium framed holsters that my 686 happened to fit into.

That to me has been the biggest difference with the Lobo, the enhanced pancake fit perfectly day 1 (tight, but not tight to the point of having to force the gun into the holster) and the shape of the holster perfectly aligns with every curve of the gun in a way that is truly beautiful. The boning is exact to the millimeter level around the barrel and cylinder as well.

In short, the difference is in the finer details such as fit, finish, and boning. If those factors are important to you, as they are to me, then the wait time is worth it.

Last edited by BabaBlueJay; 11-28-2023 at 01:00 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: