View Single Post

Old 12-03-2023, 12:39 PM

Liked 756 Times in 163 Posts

I've had a few Heritage revolvers pass through my hands. My daughter and my brother have a couple. 4" bbl. and 6" bbl. that are very good in the accuracy department. I used to have one with a 6" bbl. that was amazingly accurate.

I've only owned one Wrangler. It was a silver cerakote with the 4" bbl. It seemed well put together. Way better than the Heritages infact, but it was horribly inaccurate for myself and many others. Also shot it side by side with a $75 Heritage and it didn't even come close. I kinda thought that was just the nature of the beast, but after reading so many positive reports, I wish I'd kept it and sent it back. Instead I traded it off for some kinda camping/ hunting stuff with the forewarning that I was never able to hit a darn thing with it.

I like that the Heritages come in so many silly and fun variations. 1" bbl., 16" bbl, Rancher carbines, the "Tactical Cowboy", 9 shot versions, different grips, finishes, etc. It just adds an element of fun to what is to me...just a fun plinking gun.

I often find myself shopping for .22 revolvers, but then I remember that I have a 617, and a K-22, so I already have the most perfect plinking revolvers. Maybe I'll pick up a Heritage for a hard use and abuse/ semi expendable plinker some day? I mean...afterall, if I over turn my canoe, I'd much rather sacrifice a Heritage than my 617...

Finally, on Ebay you can buy a safety delete. It's just a well rounded piece of 3-D printed plastic, but it looks pretty nice and gets rid of the fiddly safety lever. I forget how it installed. it was pretty simple though. But...it does turn your gun into a five shooter in the name of safety. I might have pics around. I'll see if I can find them.