View Single Post

Old 12-09-2023, 10:12 AM

Liked 6,540 Times in 2,388 Posts

Propaganda. I think maybe they are trying to re-stoke the panic now that prices have come back down to earth and just make excuses for their price increase. I've been defending them but this seems to me to not match what I'm seeing at the retail level.

First, their retail prices don't mean much. MSRP is just that. The current MSRP on their site for Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr is $23.99. It was just on sale on Black Friday half that. Currently $20.00 at Midway. TargetSportsUSA doesn't have the 115gr but the 124gr is $13.00. That's a huge discount from MSRP.

The question is what's happening with wholesale pricing. That's what matters. Plus their range is so wide. 1%-5%. Might be they are raising prices 1% on the most common stuff and 5% on the low-volume stuff. Plus that percentage on the lower wholesale price is obviously a smaller amount of money than the same percentage on the retail price. It depends on what the retailers do. I'm sure they'll take all they can get as long as the stuff is moving. They can slap whatever MSRP they want on it, street prices are what matter. Market forces have an effect on the street price.

There's roughly 12 Billion rounds of ammo produced in the U.S.. Half of it's rimfire and the rest split between rifle, shotgun, and handgun. Vista's 1 million round donation to Ukraine is cited in the press release. That's a whopping 0.1% of total ammunition production. Big whoop. I mean they need it and nice of you to help out but I don't think that's even a contributing factor.

The projected five year forward CAGR for Nato Ammunition is 3.8%. Easily doable if that's your forecast.

As economists say, the cure for high prices is high prices. For the first time in my life I've bought foreign primers. If they work I have no problem sticking with them. Adios Winchester! Hola Servicios Aventuras!

Argentina has an economic disaster on their hands and they can use all the U.S. dollars they can get. Any company there that can export products to the U.S. will export as much as they possibly can. There's no reason other developed third world countries with arms industries can't do the same. There should be some Brazilian primers out there somewhere. India could produce a lot if they wanted too. The market will adjust and the void will be filled by somebody.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: