View Single Post

Old 12-09-2023, 04:16 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 4,766 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Here's a bit more:

-"Due to world events our suppliers have notified us of unprecedented demand for and an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder, and thus has increased our prices substantially," Vice President of Sales, Sporting Products Brett Nelson said in the letter. "We must therefore raise our pricing to help offset those increases."

And:
-Vista Outdoor, a parent company to many firearms businesses, told Newsweek that it will substantially increase its ammunition prices due to "an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder." (too many, in my opinion!)
In fact, Alliant Powder is scheduled specifically for a 10% increase.

Apparently:
-"Following a call for support from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Vista Outdoor pledged in March 2024 to support the country through a 1-million-round ammunition donation."
Gee, isn't that generous!
Oh, wait....Is it really a "donation" when you're simply passing the cost on to your customers?

There's nothing "anticipated" about any of this. When you own the lion's share of the domestic market, "orchestrated" is a better word!

What I don't get is, where is the anti-trust lawsuit against Vista Outdoor? The only domestic ammo & reloading component manufacturer they don't own is Winchester!
Primers? Remington, CCI, Federal: They used to be competitors in a free market economy. Now, they're all owned by Vista Outdoor!
Vista Outdoor should be sued and broken up.
I don't see the DOJ bringing any kind of consumer-friendly suit against any kind of ammunition or arms manufacturer. Pricing people out of guns, ammunition and shooting sports is just fine by them.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: