View Single Post

Old 12-13-2023, 07:49 PM

Liked 103 Times in 51 Posts

Some really nice M63s here. I bought mine about 40 years ago for around $225-$250, I don't recall exactly. It is pinned, SN is 167500. That is an easy one to remember! I have fired approx. 35,000 rounds through it. For about 10 years I did a lot of aerial target shooting and that really burns up the ammo. I cleaned it whenever the action started to get sticky, which might be 50 rounds or it might be 400 rounds. Some ammo is a lot dirtier than others. I have timed it once. The cylinder stop fractured so I used one that came from a junk Llama Comanche .38. Works fine. It still wears the original small grips which show a lot of wear but I like them. The DA pull has a distinct pause where you you can hold it just shy of let-off, get a good sight picture, then fire it just like a single action. Few of my other guns have a pause like it. It is still accurate but my eyes are just not good enough to utilize that accuracy anymore. I have enjoyed owning this gun and I hope the next owner does, too.
The Following User Likes This Post: