View Single Post

Old 12-24-2023, 09:38 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,578 Times in 420 Posts

Now that the trigger, hammer, and other stuff was all playing happily together, it was time to found out just how lucky (or not) I really was.

What would the timing be like?

The parts kit contained the cylinder from the donor 15-3, but I wanted to see what would happen with the original 14-2 cylinder.

Last week in Las Vegas I demonstrated my ability to turn a $100 bill into 16 cents several times, but today I won. Every chamber locks into place well before the hammer reaches full cock in both single and double action.

How about the trigger pull? I'm not ready to say that I did an "action job" on this one because there was absolutely no work done to any sear engagement surfaces by me. I did use matching parts that may have been worked on in their previous incarnation but I didn't touch that part. While I was chasing the trigger reset I did quite a bit of "fluff and buff" on the internals (I can see my reflection in all 4 sides of the rebound slide) but that was it.

With the 12lb Power Custom rebound spring the single action pull had a low of 38 ounces and a high of 44 ounces. With the "stock" spring from the parts kit the single action pull is 48 ounces on all 6 chambers. I've stayed with the heavier pull because it was more consistent.

I haven't yet checked the endplay, yoke alignment, or put a range rod into it to check the chamber alignment, but I have a feeling that all of those will turn out to be ok. I could probably just clean it up and go shoot it, but I want to play with my other new toys/tools. That'll be after Christmas. Hopefully we'll test fire this one for the New Year.

Edit to add: I'm curious about whether or not other people have noticed inconsistent trigger pulls with lighter springs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8989a.jpg (154.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8988.jpg (150.7 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by Shotguncoach; 12-24-2023 at 09:40 PM.
The Following 11 Users Like Post: