View Single Post

Old 12-26-2023, 02:31 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,365 Times in 4,619 Posts

Quote:
What has been your experience? As to both the real daily carry type person, and also the real life daily carry pistols?
Decades ago, when I lived in NYC and was practicing pharmacy I sometimes carried a starter pistol when I was assigned to work in "Fort Apache", the Bronx. I had two .25 caliber pocket pistols but the City of New York frowned upon gun carrying so severely I just never carried them (ownership was a felony, besides - I had no permit) but I often carried a stilleto/switchblade in other venues.

After happily leaving NYC I arrived in Texas and carried a Beretta 950 BS .25 caliber pistol daily. One of my earlier ones went to Florida so I could carry it when I visited family there. Subsequently, it came back to Texas.

The Beretta went everywhere with me and that included working at a Federal agency or two - no metal detectors - no problem. Felony? Catch me first. Never happened. That little pistol did a lot of traveling, too. On airplanes, before FOPA, I had my ways.

Sometimes I carried a Model 36 S&W in my briefcase, which I had modified to conceal a J frame.

Subsequently, Texas passed concealed carry and I upped the methodology to pocket carrying a J frame, belt carrying compact pistols, etc. Sometimes pocket carrying smaller pistols in .380 and 9mm. DAILY. NIGHTLY. ALWAYS.

It's second nature to me. I don't think about it, I just do it as part of my getting dressed routine.

I have never had a problem, even during traffic stops.

Carry guns include the pictures below - as noted, always......but, note well, while I have carried all of these at one time or another the general rotation today is the M649, the Walter CCP, and the CZ 75 Compact.

EVERYONE likes pictures!!!

Revolvers:

ONCE:

Pistols: