View Single Post

Old 12-26-2023, 03:07 PM

Liked 18,618 Times in 7,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothshooter View Post
I pocket carry everyday, all day, except when inside my place of employment, because it it prohibited.
It is a secure location with gate guards . My coworkers, and management are pretty conservative, and gun owners. If someone forgets and comes in with their CCW in pocket or shoulder bag, they either go back out and put it in their vehicle, or just keep it out of sight until quitting time...
I worked at a large company with a similar setup for 26 years of my working career. I always kept a lock-box in my car and that is where the gun went before I went through the guard shack.

Twice I forgot and carried it into the plant. Even though we went through a metal detector, I still managed to slip by.

Fortunately I also managed to sneak it back out without getting caught.

I was REALLY nervous all day both times. Especially when I had to go through the metal detectors on the way out.

If it had been detected on the way in, taking it back to the car wouldn't have been an option, because just bringing it on property (even in a lock box in your car in the employee parking lot) was a termination offense.