View Single Post

Old 12-30-2023, 02:55 PM

Liked 1,696 Times in 631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamPB View Post
I know. I thought I had missed something more recent regarding Boulder. In the last two years I have made two purchases in Arizona, both 4473 legal, both sellers had issues with my Colorado residency. They were both trying to protect themselves, not make things hard for me, so I understood their position. It was my first encounter with the aroma of Colorado following me around.

Special shout out to Illinois semi-automatic firearms owners and their current level of compliance with the new registration requirements which go into effect in less than 48 hours. Well done everyone. (Four plus years ago Boulder enacted an AR registration ordinance, since withdrawn. They never gave an accurate number of how many Boulder residents complied/non-complied. Same result as Illinois I think)
At the time, believe the number of compliance registrations was XX out of probably XXXX platforms in the city.

I was shopping in a Sioux Falls SD gun shop over Christmas. I probably set myself up by wearing my Broncos hat, but the clerk asked for ID and had to check his sheet that he was even allowed to sell me pistol ammo. I have made many non-firearm purchases there before over the years, and in the future, I will make sure to wear local clothing (like a SDSU Jacks hat) and pay with cash. Nobody else was getting carded for ammo or mags.