View Single Post

Old 12-30-2023, 11:01 PM

Liked 34 Times in 25 Posts

I got some range time today and was able to compare the Shield and Equalizer together.

I really like both. They are comfortable to handle, more so with any of the extended mags (13 or 15 round, not just the 15 round in the Equalizer, or 8 round in the Shield) for my hands. With the small mags (10 round in the Equalizer or 7 round in the Shield) I loose my pinky finger having a good platform. I do have more grip with the Equalizer on the 10 round mag than the Shield on the 7 round mag, but it isn't enough when firing to give me the solid, stable grip I do with any of the larger capacity mags. That is just me and the way they fit in my hands.

The Equalizer being a bit longer doesn't quite have the muzzle flip the Shield can have, but unless you were really tuned in to that I would say it would be hard to notice much difference. I think the comfort of holding either is going to make a bigger difference, but they are both comfortable. From that stand point I can't really set either higher than the other.

What we can all set on a higher bar is the round count in the Equalizer. Being a double stack it has significantly more round capacity. The Shield Plus is in the same boat being a double stack, however I don't have access to one to compare. Between the Shield Plus and Equalizer the Equalizer has more going for it, in my view.

I am more than happy with the Equalizer. It is a nice addition in a more concealable double stack pistol to my .40 cal Compact (which I run a 15 round mag with grip adapter in it also).
The Following 2 Users Like Post: