View Single Post

Old 12-31-2023, 10:30 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 4,161 Times in 828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSillyHorse View Post
I have a victory model I’d love to find some information about and it can be added to the database you have.

Serial # V340027 on the bottom of the grip, and oddly the first 4 V3(4)0027 is stamped over another number; however it matches the serial number V340027 on the cylinder and under the barrel. It is marked 38 S&W however it has been bored to shoot 38SPL at some point in time. There are crown marks on every cartridge entrance to each cylinder, appears to be a crown with an upside down T. The right side of the barrel has a flaming mortar looking symbol with the letters NP (I think).

Above the 38S&W inscription is the inscription .38 1-15 followed by a symbol I can’t read, then the number 4 and the letters TOM (the M is very faint and could be a N).

One line Made in U.S.A with a crown and T symbol underneath. There is a small P near the V on the bottom of the grip. And underneath the non-serialized stocks (maybe a beautiful walnut) on the right side is the letter A and on the left side a number 13 about middle ways up with another crown symbol towards the bottom left. The crane number on yoke and cylinder is 933 91 and there is an inscription S5 above the yoke number.

It has a 3.5” barrel, and blued and belonged to my great uncle who was a service member in the army but shortly after WW2. Any information you have would be awesome! Please see attached pictures.
Hello Chief:

Your revolver was already in the Database. It appears that it likely shipped from the factory in the June-July, 1943 time frame. It was a Lend Lease gun.

Your revolver was modified post-war by re-chambering it from .38 S&W to .38 Special, refinishing it to blue, cutting the 5" barrel to 3.5", adding a new front sight, and replacing the stocks.

The non-factory markings you referred to are post-war British commercial proof marks applied after it left military service.

I hope that information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Charlie