Thread: 18-4
View Single Post

Old 01-03-2024, 07:13 PM

Liked 82 Times in 39 Posts
Default 18-4

I just picked up a 18-4 .22LR, looks like the larger .38 Combat Masterpiece. I had gone into the gunshop last week to order a M&P .22Mag and saw this one in the display case. I did a little research and called back and asked what they would take. They had it marked at 700 and I got it for 600. They were going to hold it until the other gun came in but I went ahead and picked it up this afternoon. I really did not examine it until today. It has a little blueing wear at the muzzle from holster wear and some very light freckling on the frame in a couple of spots. I got it home and took a new hi speed drill bit with some oil and used the shank end of the bit and buffed or rubbed the freckling until I could no longer feel it, then degreased everything and touched up blueing wear with some Brownells oxpho blue, not 100% perfect but you have to look hard to see it. I then took the side plate off and internals were totally dry so cleaned and lubed pivots and sliding surfaces as well as a touch of moly on the sear.
Tested the trigger and it lets off at about 2 3/4 lbs single action.