View Single Post

Old 01-05-2024, 08:50 PM

Liked 34 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I see the EZ and Equalizer line as specialized pistols for people with hand/grip strength issues who can benefit from the easy racking feature. If someone falls into that category, I'd go for one of them (likely the Equalizer, if they can deal with 9mm recoil.)

For someone who doesn't need the easy rack feature, I'd go with either the Shield Plus of and M&P 2.0 of some variety.
That is ironic you say this.

A while back I was at a gun shop and one of the associates I was working with demonstrated how the EZ could be racked one handed. They designed the slide grip with a protruding rear scale that can catch on to things, like the edge of a desk etc. He mentioned if you shake it hard enough (I wouldn't recommend trying it, but I suppose if you were in a quarrel and that was an option...) you could rack it without latching the slide grip on anything at all. I am not sure if you could actually do that, and certainly if someone didn't have much grip strength there would be no way. However, it is interesting to consider. I would never have thought about racking in any other methods than one hand on the grip and one hand on the slide.

As for the stiffer to rack options - the Shield or Shield Plus - what are your reasons for those above the Equalizer, say for the 9mm cal specifically?

The standard Shield you loose the round capacity. As for the Shield Plus - I'm not sure on that one but interested to hear other perspectives.

That is what makes forums, and discussion threads like this, great.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: