View Single Post

Old 01-07-2024, 06:08 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,218 Times in 145 Posts
Default Input for 5th Edition of SCSW invited

Thanks to all of you who have submitted corrections and updates for the 5th edition on the Forum (and at the SWCA Symposium and via email) and to Lee for opening this new forum!

YOUR INPUT IS INVITED - Please post here any of the following:

* Corrections to the 4th Edition - please include page number.
* New information - let us know where it should be added.
* Value estimates - indicate specific model, variation, and condition. Again, page number helps.
* Other material you think would be of interest.

I'll also post questions here for your responses in the thread.

Photos - If you have a hi-res photo that that you think would add to the book, it would probably be best to email it to me directly - [email protected]. Because of all the new models we'll have to include, page count is a concern and we'll be limited on the number of photos we can add. It should show something that is not already illustrated in the book. Please let us know where you think it should be added. Did i mention that 4th Ed. page number helps?

Acknowledgement - We try to acknowledge those who make significant contributions to the book. For those who contribute here, we'll probably list you by your forum name (as we did in the 4th Ed.) Please note prominently if you prefer NOT to be acknowledged. I'll undoubtably miss some - my apologies in advance!

WHERE WE'RE AT NOW:

The 5th Edition is TENTATIVELY scheduled for release in late 2024. That means we have to have our draft to Gun Digest this summer for their edit, layout, and printing.

Rick and I have been actively working on the 5th edition of Standard Catalog of S&W for several months now. (Well, Rick more than me -- he's doing his edits first, including the MASSIVE task of adding new models and variations, and then he'll pass it to me).

We've collected the info that was posted here in the "Standard Catalogue of S&W - 4th Ed" forum. Thanks to all who contributed there!

In addition to the great info provided here on the Forum, I have a 125 page Word doc of accumulated material submitted by fellow S&W enthusiasts, plus 100 other emails, photos and documents from contributors over the past 8 years. And once those are incorporated, then we start value research...

Special thanks to Jim King and the late Stu Scheu who undertook full proofreads and edits of the 4th Ed, Rex Halfpenny for value research on S&W's for the past couple annual editions of Standard Catalog of Firearms, and Jim Brewster for extensive real world value reports of actual sales of collectible S&W's.