View Single Post

Old 01-09-2024, 02:46 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,759 Times in 2,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
I've been watching a lot of his videos of late.
He is always calm, clear and rational.

Here's one, short and to the point, which of course will never appear on the major networks:
Massad Ayoob - 1.67 Million Defensive Gun Usages Compared To 38,000 Gun Deaths. - YouTube
"Do We Have a Better Spokesman for CC & SD Than Massad Ayoob?"

I told Mas one time that he has become the Jeff Cooper of "gun writers" which is the highest compliment I can give to a gun writer. Mr. Ayoob's articles are well-done, his speaking is the embodiment of expertise, and he has thought through almost every variation of most any problem, technique, or issue that could arise in nearly any kind of use of a firearm, from competition to defense, and his earlier articles even extend to hunting in Africa and other places. He is also well regarded as an expert witness for court proceedings. His early writings are excellent. I recall his part in the point-counterpoint on revolvers versus semi-autos for police use. The revolver side was presented, if I recall correctly, by none other than Bill Jordan. Anyone else remember the point-counterpoint with John Farnam called "How I Killed John Farnam" and "How I Killed Massad Ayoob" or titles to that effect? And, don't forget, he was a Second Chance "Save" back when Richard Davis published his catalog of his revolutionary vests and each and every save earned the lucky man (or woman) a photo and a paragraph describing how the vest saved the life of its wearer. In addition, he survived a helicopter crash back in the day. So, he has "been there, done that." I first met him at Bianchi in about 1982, or perhaps 1983, when he was carrying his 9mm P9S. He is "one of the good guys!" Brilliant!
The Following 4 Users Like Post: