View Single Post

Old 01-21-2024, 07:31 PM

Liked 9,053 Times in 4,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj8591 View Post
If you shoot long range precision, it can come in handy to give you a ballistic coefficient for your bullet in real time for the conditions you are shooting in. When I say long range, I'm talking like F class shooting where the range can be out to 1200 yards. That is a feature that I will never need. Like I said, if I were using a LabRadar, I wouldn't rush out and spend money to replace it with the Garmin. LabRadar is a very good unit and but for the fact that I couldn't find one when I was looking, I would be using one. But if I had to replace one, it would be with the Garmin.
I don't shoot at long range, never past 500 yards and that's seldom. With one exception that I can recall, I've found book figures of ballistic coeffcients and bullet drop are very close if not the same as what I have actually measured at varying distances based on chronographed velocities.

I realize there are serious long range shooters, but it appears there are many more who merely talk about long range shooting.
The Following User Likes This Post: