View Single Post

Old 01-22-2024, 08:04 PM

Liked 9,375 Times in 3,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj8591 View Post
The LabRadar gives velocity for all the points out to the target. Garmin only gives the velocity at the muzzle or thereabouts.
Thanks for taking the time to give us your take on the Garmin, it sounds interesting. Its size, battery life & easy of operation sounds good.

I've had my LabRadar for about a year now & while I'd like to see them make some improvements to it I guess I'll be sticking with it until it breaks, considering its investment.

The LabRadar's SDHC card probably seems old school but I find it handy to just plug it in my desktop PC, save its CSV files to the PC & then import them into Excel to a format of my choosing, with or without graphs (see below).

Being able to readily visualize & compare data means everything to me in having such a device.

Hopefully Garmin will see fit to add better PC compatibility to the Xero in the future but I realize that's not for everybody.

One question, do you have any idea what is the closest distance at which the Garmin will track & record the velocity at?

The LabRadar has a file, which I only look at occasionally, that shows at what distance it started tracking the bullet. Typically it's ~11yds.

I mainly test at a 25yd indoor range so its not a problem unless I want to check grouping at 10yds while checking velocity.

Not a biggie, just curious.

Last edited by BLUEDOT37; 01-22-2024 at 08:31 PM. Reason: .
The Following 2 Users Like Post: