View Single Post

Old 01-31-2024, 04:44 PM

Liked 7,764 Times in 2,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_X View Post
Strange that the same number would be used for a different holster. I'm sure there was rationalle - even if it was only that new managment had new method. Be interesting if someone turns up an H720 of the same era for a mid or large revolver.

I'm assuming the oval 'Maker' logo is the earliest of this group as its the same design as the LaMesa Calif oval.

From catalog covers and advertisements, it looks like Hume may have been doing business as Don Hume Leathergoods as early as '74? But that doesn't mean the stamp was changed.
If we knew when the stamp was changed to 'Leathergoods' we could down the time frame.

Ps. I tried the "open loop" with an 1.5" work belt (possibly made by DH) both in and out of heavy jeans. It holds well and no movement.
Don, one the many holster company founders I knew, used many stamps for his products over the years. His operation was always known as Don Hume Leathergoods, from his first catalogue in 1959 that uses his home address (!).

Here are the marks I have for him, their dates are noted in their image titles. Much is made of his association with the Jordan holster tut Bill's prototype was made by a small saddler in TX first, then it was made by Sam Myres and Sam himself died, then Jordan was persuaded by the nearby LEO Don to let him make it. The Jordan trademark was owned by Bill not by the makers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1959 la mesa (1).jpg (70.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 1963 miami (1).jpg (141.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 1982 thumbsnap (2).jpg (212.5 KB, 23 views)