View Single Post

Old 02-04-2024, 01:25 PM

Liked 27 Times in 2 Posts
Default Loveless modified Triple Lock .44

I am the guy who gave bravo2five the .44 Triple Lock. I'm not sure how I could prove that Bob gave me the gun, but here the story on my association with him: I first met Bob Loveless when he visited my camera shop in Long Beach, California sometime around 1980. He had called looking for information on a particular pair of Leitz binoculars (6x24 Amplivid), and was surprised that I knew what he was talking about and that I did have some information on them. Bob was always interested in binoculars and particularly Leitz products and he had a long time love of Leica cameras. Since I was a Leica dealer we had a lot in common to talk about and he visited my shop regularly up until I closed it in 2007, often spending a Saturday afternoon looking at cameras and having conversations with me and members of my staff, and customers. Bob was also very generous to his friends and once he gave me a S&W Model 41 that he had modified extensively. He later got it back from me and either gave or sold it to someone else.
We traveled to Switzerland together in 1992 and visited a number of Swiss machine tool makers including Schaublin. That was a trip to remember. I don’t remember if Bob gave me the Triple Lock .44 or traded for photographic stuff. I do remember he had it refinished by Mike's Gunsmiths in Long Beach. I hope this helps clear things up.

Last edited by mckay44; 02-05-2024 at 10:18 AM.
The Following 24 Users Like Post: