View Single Post

Old 02-04-2024, 08:20 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,351 Times in 1,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay44 View Post
I don’t remember if Bob gave me the Triple Lock .44 or traded for photographic stuff. I do remember he had it refinished by Mike's Gunsmiths in Long Beach. I hope this helps clear thing up.
Okay, so here’s positive proof this revolver was refinished by Mike’s Gunsmiths, and not Bob Loveless. Mckay44’s statement that Bob Loveless once owned this revolver can’t be proven definitively, but it really doesn’t matter as there are not high dollar stakes involved here. It’s a reblued revolver, not factory work, and modified, and should be valued as such. With the statement that “Oh, by the way, Bob Loveless once owned this revolver”. I would pay more for original ownership of a firearm by an individual that is a household name, like a President, or a renowned individual, or someone who is iconic in firearms—like Annie Oakley or Ed McGivern. An owner of a modified and reblued revolver, bought on the secondary market, becomes a neat story and not much else. There are thousands of firearms just like this one all across America.