View Single Post

Old 02-04-2024, 10:17 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,143 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410bore View Post
So......with that stance......I suppose a King Super Target Triple Lock would be of ZERO interest to you......am I correct?
Well, I don't know about that!

Once upon a time, I was prowling around in David Carroll's back room---and came upon one of many pistol rugs with a tag on it---said "Triple Lock-King". I figured it for a fixed sight gun with maybe a King front sight on it--or maybe a Cockeyed Hammer. I opened it up anyway.

I almost dropped my teeth at that point! Here in my grubby little paws was a King Super Target Triple Lock---pretty much brand spanking new!! I'd always wanted one of these things---probably wanted a K frame more than anything else, but then we all have to make sacrifices now and then---and home it goes with me.

The real point of this little ditty is I knew it was a King Super Target right off---probably could have figured it out in the dark---as could a good number of folks in this forum. I dare say a goodly number more could do the same if I was to show a picture of it----all without any documentation of its provenance whatsoever. This gun here presents as exactly what it looks like----a nicely refinished Triple Lock.

Given the desire to have it present as something more, more work needs to be done.

The end.

Ralph Tremaine

Last edited by rct269; 02-04-2024 at 10:19 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: