View Single Post

Old 02-07-2024, 03:21 AM

Liked 4,926 Times in 1,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeet 028 View Post
I am wondering at this point if the ammo makers will ever load rounds like the 32-20, 25-20 218 Bee or even the hornet. There are so many calibers that seem to be forgotten these days even rounds like the great 35 Remington. I understand there mav have been periods when they pretty much quit many rounds...but they still made a run of hard to find ammo. Looks like it is farthest from their minds these days. I can say that all the 32-20s I have found were old stock
Many years ago, I saw the firearms industry from the inside. The firearms and ammunition companies used to be operated and managed by "gun guys". They understood and appreciated their customers. The big ammo companies kept many old cartridges in production, even in cases when few, if any, new guns were being chambered for them, out of respect for the loyalty of their customers.
NOT ANY MORE!
Today, far too many of these great old companies are simply subsidiary assets of large holding companies that really don't care about their customers or even our firearms rights (cough, cough, Vista, cough, Outdoors, cough). And, it's not just obscure chamberings, it's the reloading components as well!
I absolutely agree that 32-20 is a reloaders proposition if you want to get the best out of it. Having said that, you have to be able to find brass, primers and powder; all of that is in short supply.