Thread: New S & W rifle
View Single Post

Old 02-07-2024, 11:27 PM
US Veteran

Liked 4,492 Times in 2,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev74 View Post
I got to fondle these at Shot Show in Tuesday. My initial thought was that it looked like a Marlin. The metal pieces seemed nicely fit with no slop at all. On the blued on, the forearm had a little giggle to it. It caught me off guard and didn't feel right when I worked the lever. The blue was nice, but it doesn't look like the old S&W blue.

As an aside, it seems like S&W isn't even trying with revolvers any more. They had one of the largest booths at the show, and a ton of pistols. I think I counted 6 revolvers. A 29 behind glass, a governor, 2 stainless and 2 blued for people to handle. The two blue ones - a 29 and a 36 - had turn lines on the barrels that were close to 1/8 inch wide. I'm guessing they've been using the same revolvers on their booth for the last several years, with all the wear you would expect. I would swear they are the same guns I played with at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show for the past few years.
it seems like S&W isn't even trying with revolvers any more

That's right. More profit in self defense rifles, shotguns and pistols. The market has moved away from revolvers.