Thread: 3914 DAO
View Single Post

Old 02-09-2024, 09:50 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 4,146 Times in 1,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by URIT View Post
YES, the 3914DAO was produced for NYPD off-duty and also sold to the public for around $730. Lucky Gunner won't have all the variables.

I found this from the Forum dtd 8-14-2012 authored by our late friend 18DAI...

NYPD 3914DAO

I saw a thread on another board the other day. A NYPD officer picked up a new production 3914DAO for off duty use. Yes, S&W is still currently making these at their Houlton ME plant - for the NYPD - and no, you don't have to be a cop to buy one. S&W won't advertise the fact that these are available. Why? I guess they want to sell some "shields".

The 3914DAO example I saw was all black finish with the cheesy tan colored laser etched markings. On the left side of the slide is "Smith & Wesson Houlton ME" and the S&W logo. On the frame is the three line S&W Houlton ME, Model 3914DAO and the serial number. The checkering is still on the fronstrap but looks like it has been deleted on the front of the trigger guard. Standard Xenoy grips on the example I saw.

Blue plastic box with three mags. One mag has the flat base plate. I haven't gotten the product code or a pic of the label yet.

Anyone here have one of these? What is the trigger like? Is it of the same quality as the discontinued 3914's? How about the finish? Is it durable? What kind of MSRP is on these?

Anyone know a shop in NY that has any available? Regards 18DAI
I know that John eventually found an example. After shooting it, he sold it.
The Following User Likes This Post: