View Single Post

Old 02-09-2024, 03:20 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,163 Times in 3,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgianni View Post
Ralph, rather than pressure I believe that it is gas volume that drives bullet speeds. A pressure peak of for example 2 nano seconds might produce less gas than one with a pressure peak of 5 nano seconds that has a lower pressure. That is why 5.6 gr Ramshot Sillhoutte produces 1050 fps from a 4" bbl 38 special and a 158 gr sec. The pressure is listed as 16, 800 psi.
It's a good day when I learn something new!

It's an even better day when I understand what I learned. I count my blessings for the expert and devoted staff I had back in the day who made a point of making me look good---never mind what the facts of the matter happened to be.

Fast forward to today when my staff of kitty cats' primary concern is getting their breakfast on time. That's why they just looked at me today when I told them I sort of understood what this gentleman was saying----sort of----and then they said they'd work on it-----AFTER breakfast---and report back. They also said they might need a budget deviation authorization to retain a consultant---and that I should remind folks that the boss is not always right----but he's never in doubt!!

I told them that would not be a problem---unless the Boss Lady found out about it.

Ralph Tremaine
The Following User Likes This Post: