View Single Post

Old 02-20-2024, 10:27 PM

Liked 3,369 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
With the 3.0 of BE the accuracy was decent. Just would not operate the slide on a 52.

Thanks for the info.

A#2 4.4 grains with a 102 gr bullet in a 5 inch barrel give 783 FPS. According to the Quickload rogram this is a very safe load.
I know it’s not a good indicator but my primers were still rounded at the edges and showed no signs of high pressure. Just observing the primers, I’d say pressure was low.

If I have time this week I’m going to load another 18 and chrome 6 and see how accurate the others are.

I like BE and have gotten some really soft 9mm loads with 124’s clocking roughly at 1,000fps and had reliable function in my Springfield 1911. They’re some of the softest loads I’ve shot.

I tried comparable loads with Nitro100NF which is similar to BE but not had any success trying to get reliable function in my1911’s. I got spring weights down to the point the slide wouldn’t strip a round from the magazine. I even ran my loads up to maximum with no success. I’ve not figured out why but will continue to work on it. I like N100NF and have quite a bit of it and would like to figure out a workable load.

In 38spl I really like Accurate 2 for 125 Berrys and like Nitro100NF with 158’s.