View Single Post

Old 02-27-2024, 01:31 PM

Liked 7,183 Times in 3,047 Posts

Maybe I am under thinking this but...With the ammo I carry in a Semi auto...the first thing I do is make sur it is RELIABLE. I usually carry Golden Sabres in 45...they are reliable in every 45 I carried...except one. The one I really wanted to carry. A 3 inch Kimber. I no lonfer have it. Could not get any good factory ammo to shoot. I had a couple of reloads that came close. I have no qualms about carrying my reloads...and in fact I have some reloads as reliable and as accurate as factory. IMO...just mine now...all the gel tests blah blah things on the YT channels really don't mean too much. They just aren't real life. I have only seen maybe 26 shootings in real life scenarios. I literally saw a BG get shot in the forehead at less than 10 feet. He was extremely lucky..the bullet skidded along his skull. He went down...right there. 5 minutes later he was moaning. Didn't know what Zombie apocalypse was back then. What I guess I'm trying to say...is find a good reliable load thar fits your gun...practice with it. Yes I prefer HPs especially if they shoot well. And remember there's ALWAYS that guy named Murphy messing things up.Oh and remember...if you have to use force...You'll probably be scared after the fact