View Single Post

Old 02-28-2024, 01:05 PM

Liked 1,017 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Four pages into this discussion and I still think the Original Poster is right.

The majority of people in this discussion who claim that they carry every single day are carrying smaller guns.

I don't think that's unreasonable given the number of (I hate using this word) high capacity micro nines on the market today.

The gun I most frequently carry is a Glock 26 with a 12-round magazine and a 15 round reload. I'm fairly certain that's more gun than I will ever need.

The place I most frequently go to is still Planet Fatness. Somebody told me that it's against their rules to carry in the gym but number one it's not posted and number two my granddaughter is the manager and she knows I carry and she hasn't told me not to.

I almost never see any place that's posted but I don't look very hard either. I will tell you that if I'm walking into some place and I see the sign as I'm walking in I am not going to turn around and go back to my car and disarm.

That seems like an incredibly bad idea to me. Going forward I wouldn't carry a gun to that location but I'm not going to do something that broadcasts that I'm carrying a gun.
This is correct. Most of us who truly carry every single day carry a smaller gun. Not saying others don't carry 1911's or magnum L frames, but as someone who tried to carry a 686 for EDC it was a miserable experience.

The more you need to do to get the gun on you, the less likely it will be. With bigger guns comes:

1. Dressing around it, which sometimes is miserable in hot weather.

2. A custom belt/holster that you have to put on or take off perhaps a few times a day.

3. Discomfort from carrying the weight of it and in the car.

4. More likely to be discovered if you give a hug to someone, especially in a family where many are frightened or antagonistic towards guns as many in my family are, so for me this is a big one.

Pocket carry is simple, put the gun in your pocket and you are good to go. Takes less than 5 seconds, requires no belt, disappears in any clothes with pockets (including athletic shorts), and is so light I often have to remind myself to put it in the truck safe before I head in to teach.

Last edited by BabaBlueJay; 02-29-2024 at 09:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: