View Single Post

Old 03-01-2024, 09:19 AM

Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default L Frame in an X Frame Holster?

I really need a concealable shoulder holster* for my new Model 69 L Frame 4.25" revolver. Optics Planet has an AMAZING deal on a complete Galco vertical holster system (VHS) for a 4" Model 500 X Frame revolver I would snap this up in a heartbeat (own multiple Galco holsters already) if I thought it would work, even if the fit was a little loose.

Galco is no help. They universally will not admit that any holster will work with any handgun other than those specifically listed. They explicitly stated that the extra 1/4" on my barrel makes it unsuitable for their VHS for the L Frame .357 with a 4" barrel. Also, this holster does not have an open bottom.

Does anyone have information on the comparative sizes of X and L Frames AND experience with holstering both (or either). I have looked up the specs but they don't give the distance from the muzzle to the front of the cylinder.

OR, does anyone know of a concealable shoulder holster that works well with my Model 69 4.25"?

* I bought this because I will be spending more time in bear country including Montana and North Carolina. I will usually be with extended family members who are old hippies and would prefer to not rub their noses in the fact that I am carrying a revolver. (I also bought it because, well, I just wanted to .)