View Single Post

Old 03-02-2024, 09:22 AM

Liked 2,957 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARE View Post
Thanks, 22hipower. That is one of the standard models. So 2X or 3X $1880 is $3760 to $5660. So maybe $4500 not too far out of line for the deluxe gun. Probably will try to talk them down some and then just bite the bullet. Not their fault I sold it for $1000.
It belonged to my dad, he got it from Jinks, it is number 13 and honors Elmer.
How many times do you let one get away and then get another chance at it?
I had previously missed that you are actually considering buying it back. I read your initial post as you regretting selling your dad’s gun and now being surprised at how much they are asking for the revolver now.

That said, I’d reach out directly to the seller and explain your connection with the gun and ask for some mercy on price. I would not mention the Roy Jinks connection if he’s not already awre of it! Not sure what your financial circumstances are, but maybe offer $3k / $3,500.

Could be that the seller is a decent human, and is not into the gun for that much, and he’ll work with you to help get your dad’s gun back to your safe. You’ll find out both when you make your offer… I think that if you end up paying above $3k it’ll be more for love of the gun/sentiment than expecting to get that monetary value back anytime soon. If you’ve got plenty of cash in the bank, just buy it no matter the price and sleep better at night, and with lesson learned. Good luck!