View Single Post

Old 03-02-2024, 11:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 21,417 Times in 6,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Same here had a couple of different Mini-14's about 30-40 years ago. Never as accurate as I was looking for so off they went to other homes.

Was the Tasco a Japanese made scope? If so was probably a good scope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Nobody ever called the Mini-14 an example of "the gunmakers art". But, it is nice to see some blued steel and walnut.

I've never owned, nor wanted, a Mini-14, SKS, AR, or AK.
From my vantage point on the range, be it as a target shooter or working range officer, they all serve pretty much the same purpose. That is, blasting away through large quantities of cheap ammo while (hopefully) keeping the bullet impacts within the general area of the range backstop.
Funny thing, all these guns, in their own time, have attracted the same array of cheesy, aftermarket plastic accessories and attachments.
One of the constancies of the American mass consumer marketplace, I guess?

Still, the OP made a nice score. Great condition and great price.
(Cue soundtrack to The A-Team!)

As stated I had a couple of Mini's and sold them. I do have an AR, but that was our primary weapon for 20 of my 24 years in the Corps. I had a M1A (also a primary weapon for 4 years)for a while, then someone offered me stupid money for it. I do own an SKS, but it only cost me $100 NIB(and it is more accurate than a Mini), For a heavy hitter I have an M! Garand, and it will do the job.