View Single Post

Old 03-03-2024, 04:04 PM

Liked 14,937 Times in 5,076 Posts

Quote:
Also I don't care to debate the subject with anybody.
I love to debate the subject and this area of this site is the perfect place to do that.

I think it’s funny that someone who christens the mag disconnect safety an “abomination” would target a 6906 when there are a gujillion other handguns in the world without this feature, but we obviously don’t all see things the same way.

There’s two models that I have (five total pistols) where this feature drives me to drinking — my 52’s and 952’s. Because these target pistols do not employ a thumb decocker, there is no damn way to lower the hammer without a magazine. What makes these even more mystifying is that my 745’s, 845’s and 945’s and also my PPC-9 do not have the magazine disconnect.

WHY do these models not have the magazine disconnect?! Is it because they are target pistols and definitely not duty/service pistols? Hmmm… because that surely describes the 52 and 952.

Wacky, and does not make much sense. From my 52’s and 952’s I would definitely remove this feature EXCEPT that I will not do it because it requires removal of the rear sight. If it were simple parts tear down, I would do it.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: