View Single Post

Old 03-04-2024, 12:30 AM

Liked 220 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo40 View Post
Well, that's disappointing... I thought it was going to be an update to the M&P380 Bodyguard, but I suppose it was foolish of me considering that single stack .380 ACP Pocket Pistols are no longer in vogue.

Nevertheless, it seems like an odd decision from a marketing perspective to rebrand what is very clearly a variant of the M&P Shield as a Bodyguard.
Maybe there's something we're missing based on how the picture in the advertisement scales.

I dont like jumping to conclusions but it sure does look like an updated Shield. If that's what it is, I don't understand why they wouldn't just name it the Shield 3.0 so as to minimize market confusion.

Hopefully S&W has some YouTubers under NDA who've been quietly testing and evaluating the BG 2.0 and will give us the pitch as to what this thing is very soon.

There may be a larger plan for a product line revamp that'll unfold over the next year as S&W ramps up manufacturing in the new Tennessee HQ. We'll soon see I guess.

Whatever it is, I like the stippling toward front of the frame and I like the front slide serrations.

Last edited by CouchPotato; 03-04-2024 at 12:35 AM.