View Single Post

Old 03-04-2024, 09:55 AM

Liked 166 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
That sounds about right.

My agency issued Minis in the 90s because we were too cheap to buy ARs, and most deputies couldn't afford to buy their own AR. As instructors the Minis had us pulling our hair out at qual time because of the accuracy issues (our qual included 100yd shots). Add a 4 moa shooter to a 4 moa gun, and it's pretty much impossible.

I was very happy when we finally transitioned to ARs... made my life as an instructor MUCH easier!

Interesting side note... at that time, our policy was pretty open on rifles. We had deputies carrying everything from lever guns to SKSs...
We got the Minis in 1992, they were as accurate as everyone says. Over the years, ten I believe, we had two that sheared the lug off the bolt. Ruger did make it good.
I went to a select fire course in the mid 1990's.Everyone but two guys had M16's or HK MP5's, the two exceptions had full auto Mini14's. Both broke the first day.
I have owned a Mini14 and a 30. Neither shot particularity well.
I have no interest in owning another. I am also not a huge fan of the AR platform, but there is no denying the superiority of them.
The Following User Likes This Post: