View Single Post

Old 03-07-2024, 05:09 PM

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I used a flat head screwdriver to gently bend the "candy cane" out towards the sear on my new Shield Plus. The first I noticed was it wasn't quite aligned with the sear engagement so only part of the sear was being contacted by the candy cane. I was trying to figure out why my Shield Plus OR was jittering left when the striker was released and came across this (I think I figured out how to mitigate the jittering and its with more off-hand/support hand grip pressure specifically at the front of the receiver).

So out of the box the non-PC flat trigger was 4.75 lb, and with some cleaning and dry firing, it was down to 4.5 lb. With the candy cane aligned, its now 4 lb.

While it matches the weight of my M&P 2.0 OR flat-trigger, it is neither as crisp nor clean. On the M&P 2.0 full sized (non-PC), the sight picture and slide remains stable. On the Shield Plus it feels like I have to overcome some kind of wall to release the striker even though it is the same 4 lb, and causes the sight picture to jitter left - same with using a red dot (which shows it better than the irons).

I am thinking of using a PC sear to see if it will help. Thought of trying the Apex as well.