View Single Post

Old 03-08-2024, 10:52 AM
S&W Historian

Liked 11,370 Times in 2,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct269 View Post
This is a perhaps poor example of the material available (as it's a Registered Magnum), and they have what I'll call reams and volumes of information on those. This particular gun is an odd-ball because it's one of three identical units ordered by the same individual at the same time---AND it was ordered through a retailer---through a distributor---which was decidedly contrary to S&W's preference.

At any rate, nine different documents came back; starting with the original order form, the order from the distributor to S&W (after sitting on the order for TWO MONTHS(!!)), a letter from S&W assigning the registration number(s) 643, 644, and 645, a letter to S&W from the retailer (instead of the distributor) requesting the guns be fitted with Magna grips instead of the service grips and grip adapters originally ordered (and a confirming reply from S&W), yet another letter from the retailer to S&W pressing for shipment (because Christmas is drawing nigh, and their customer is getting antsy)---followed by yet another singing the same tune---and finally the invoice showing shipment on December 19,---and we're all hoping the guns arrived for Santa Claus.

The best/most interesting part of all this was information clearly showing S&W was doing their dead level best to cut the distributors and retailers out of the RM program such that S&W could retain the entirety of the retail price themselves.

It appears there was a "Come let us reason together"--OR ELSE meeting in late December between S&W and several distributors, where S&W decided it would be in their best long term interest to share the spoils of this program with distributors and their retailers--OR ELSE---and they all lived happily ever after!

"God bless us every one!" said Tiny Tim.

Ralph Tremaine
Ralph
This is interesting. I have never seen anything like what you mentioned. Can you show me where you came up with this?
Thanks
Don