View Single Post

Old 03-09-2024, 06:08 PM

Liked 6,724 Times in 2,220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
I’d add the option to my M&P pistols if I could.
I think it was after my second M&P pistol armorer class, at the end of '09, when I ordered a M&P 40C. I decided to order it with the magazine safety option (lever) just on a whim. Well, that slowed the process quite a bit. I was told to be patient, as the demand for the M&P's had far outpaced their ability to produce them.

It was in the Spring of the following year I called and asked when I could expect my order to ever reach the production. I was told that the production run slated for the mag safety inclusion was still a ways off, but if I was willing to take one without the mag safety feature, they'd pull one from a current LE contract to send me. Tired of waiting, I said go ahead. Thus, I got night sights and no mag safety.

If I'd thought about it, I probably could've asked for a sear housing block, already set up with the mag safety, from the parts bins brought to one of the armorer classes, and installed it myself. It wouldn't match the language on the slide about firing without a magazine, though.