View Single Post

Old 03-10-2024, 06:14 PM

Liked 378 Times in 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
Won’t have to worry about that dilemma either way. I’ll be shooting to slide-lock with my most awesome FBI-style/no-janky-mag-disconnect M1076, loaded 9+1 with 200grn JHPs (@ or near 1200fps).

Should I opt to do a ‘tactical’ reload before reaching slide-lock, the chambered round will still fire, if needed, for the 0.5-1.0 sec during which the partially spent mag is removed.

There’s a reason this set-up on 3rd Gen guns (much like the ‘decock only’ mod to the slide-mounted lever) was called a ‘tactical upgrade.’

Sadly, YMMV with non-upgraded 3rd Gen guns.
I think I may understand the tactical reload differently than you do. Would you take a look at Mas Ayoob's instructional video on the subject? I will be curious how you see the subject differently than he does. If you are concerned about being ready to shoot during the scan/assess phase, then I suspect that you will appreciate the advantages in his approach.

He makes reference to something I personally consider to be very important, "You may want to move your position, and not be where you were when it started..."

Here ya go: