View Single Post

Old 03-12-2024, 05:52 PM

Liked 5,682 Times in 2,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker57 View Post
I love people saying its not worth reloading the 9, yet they are paying .25/round. for 115 gr. fmj. while primers cost 8 cents right now and a good 124 gr. JHP for 10-11 cents. along with 3-4 cents in powder. I am reloading at todays price for under .25/round. the thing is my reloads are more accurate as they are tuned to my guns.
Prices are at a point where I believe you should buy what you can and then keep your eyes open and buy what you can find. This holds true with components for reloading also. Do I like paying 8 cents for primers, NO but I buy what I can when I can.
I say time to stack it deep.
I simply refuse to buy ammo. Besides, now in NY you have to go thru a NICS just to buy rimfire. I'll stock up and never have to have the government give me permission,

9 and 5.56 are the hot items. Few at my club reload so once fired brass availability has given me TWO lifetime supplies.

Yeah, primers are 8 cents. Sucks to be us. On the other hand small rifle and pistol seem to be the 2 flavors most produced, so availability (NOW) is not an issue.

Boolits for 9 are free. My supply of lead is huge and my Winter hobby is casting. 55 grain FMJ .223 prices are reasonable. I won't use lead in a gas fired rifle.

Reloading is ALWAYS a better deal.
The Following User Likes This Post: