View Single Post

Old 03-12-2024, 06:52 PM

Liked 9,058 Times in 4,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker57 View Post
I love people saying its not worth reloading the 9, yet they are paying .25/round. for 115 gr. fmj. while primers cost 8 cents right now and a good 124 gr. JHP for 10-11 cents. along with 3-4 cents in powder. I am reloading at todays price for under .25/round. the thing is my reloads are more accurate as they are tuned to my guns.
Prices are at a point where I believe you should buy what you can and then keep your eyes open and buy what you can find. This holds true with components for reloading also. Do I like paying 8 cents for primers, NO but I buy what I can when I can.
I say time to stack it deep.
I have little interest in the 9mm cartridge, but do load for it occasionally. I do enjoy handloading and load development and making ammunition that is more accurate than commercial ammunition. Many who handload have little interest in handloading as a hobby in itself and about the same interest level in load development and making accurate ammo. That's fine.

If you like factory ammo, buy it. I don't know what it costs to handload, but I would guess there may be a savings in there somewhere.