View Single Post

Old 03-13-2024, 12:33 AM

Liked 4,888 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Butcher View Post
4 of us took an excursion to Amish Country (Berlin, Ohio) today. The guys went to 2 Amish gun shops and the girls went shoe & fabric shopping.

The one shop has a reputation for buying whole estates and collections of guns, so he has the most wonderful junk table!

Today's yield was a small plastic tacklebox with some much older reloading equipment in it. A Lyman bullet mold for a 38 158 grain SWC (single cavity), a Lyman True-Line shell holder for 38, a set of True-Line 38 special dies (somewhat modified) two more sets of True-Line dies: 45 Colt & 8mm Mauser, a Lyman arbor press die for 7.7 Japanese, and a few odd True-Line shell holders. Nothing seems to be in the correct box, so I'm sure there will be a few more surprises. All this for $19.99+ tax.

I don't own a True-Line press, but I own the adapter bushings Lyman makes to use in a 7/8-14 press and these dies will fit my 310 tong tools. The 45 Colt & 8 Mauser die sets are ones I didn't have before in this system. This takes me to about 18 or so cartridges I can load with the tong tools.

I woke up a week ago had had a desire to visit this shop. Like Gibbs says, "Always trust your gut." (what rule is that?)

It was a great day for the Grey Hairs in Amish country!

Ivan
Wow, I like your tastes! Lyman 310 tools, Tru-Line dies and presses, a nice old .38 mold....all in an old tackle box!
And, all those great cartridges!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: